Sultana Khan is a social justice advocate who works in youth development. Previously, she worked as a national security correspondent and cultural commentator for Gawker Media.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Portland Phoenix Breaking News
Get the latest news first, with up to the minute coverage of local events. Signup Today!
Portland Phoenix eReader Headlines
Would you like to receive a link to our weekly online e-Edition and preview of the top stories? Signup here today!
- Breathing the Spirits In: Great script and super cast lift Monica Wood's 'The Half-Light'
- Why safe injection sites and drug decriminalization are “ruled out” of Gov. Mills’ opiate response plan
- Know Your Role: DRC's 'Fabuloso' explores the crisis of growing up
- Farming While Black: Moving toward justice with Soul Fire Farm
- The Battle for Water Use in Maine: Privatized water systems mean less democratic control
- STARGAZING: Uranus enters Taurus, a New Moon in Pisces, and the first Mercury Retrograde of 2019
- Generational Choice: Good Theater's all-star cast reimagines a classic in A Doll House Part 2
- Mr. Tuna Gets His Legs: The popular mobile sushi bar plants roots with a new stall in the Market House
- Clap Your Hands and Say Yes: Improv company YES&Co. brings us a Portland-specific Harold
- The Maine Jewish Film Festival Returns: In its 22nd year, screening more than 40 unique films about the richness and resilience of the Jewish experience
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Hailey Bieber: People want to see me fail
- Rebel Wilson's hallucinations inspired acting career
- Andy Cohen to receive GLAAD honour
- Emma Roberts 'exploring' new romance
- Kylie Jenner can't wait to spend 'quality time' with Travis Scott
- Patricia Arquette didn't 'anticipate' best roles
- Jackie Cruz attempted suicide multiple times following crash
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez do 'everything' together
- Remember, Thinking Critically is the First Step: A farewell Roles of Engagement column
- Voting Won't Save Us: Do it, of course, but we need to go deeper
- Portland Phoenix | The Work of Laila Al-Matrouk
- Portland Phoenix | Hey Allies, Don't Just Do The Thing: Consider throwing your expertise behind someone whose voice is needed
- Words Matter — Conversations about suicide are balancing acts that require more care
- Corporate Allyship — Doing the work when money is on the line
- Author Profile: Sultana Khan
- Don't Settle For Legislative Band-Aids — When policy fails to address root causes